frequently asked questions
How do you ship?
- Each candle is wrapped in beautiful tissue and an organza bag, then wrapped in recycled bubble-wrap for protection. Best of all, it's not drowned in our branding, it's ready to gift for yourself or a friend right out of the bubble wrap!
- We ship USPS Priority Mail. It's important to us to support the United States Post Office that is currently struggling
- We recycle as much packing material as we can; if your package comes with plastic air-filled packets they are being re-used from shipments we have received.
- Bubble wrap is key to keeping the candles from breaking during transit, we encourage you to re-use it if you can so that we can all reduce plastic waste
- We can commit to pack and ship products a minimum of three days a week; but whenever possible we will process orders daily in order to get your order to you asap
What is your Return Policy?
- We will refund products if they are broken during shipping or if they are tunneling during the burn and don't respond to tunneling trouble-shooting. In either scenario, please send us an email with an attached photo and we will replace broken or tunneling products.
- If your candle wax "tunnels" when burned, please try troubleshooting the problem using the techniques described in our care section before requesting a return
- Please also bear in mind the size of our candle. At 9 ounces it is the perfect size for an almost immediate scent-boost for kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms. Our candles will fragrance larger areas after they have burned for 30+ minutes. please do not burn candles for more than 4 consecutive hours.
Do you sell at Retail or do Pop-up Shops?
Currently, we sell through this website only; as soon as we are in retailers we will post names and locations!
We do schedule Pop-Up Shops within a 50 mile radius of Sunol, CA. Pop-Up Shops offer many benefits:
- product discounts not offered on this website or at retail
- curated, quality non-candle products from around the world that are not offered on this website - e.g. fun themed soaps and other home decor items
- beverages, snacks and a safe social distancing
- email if you are interested a Pop-Up Shop
How do I care for my candle?
- Please always burn your candle within sight and keep out of reach from children and pets
- Make sure all packaging has been removed and never light or burn near anything flamable
- Ensure your candle is on a temperature safe surface; never burn near drafts or vents
- Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time
- To avoid overheating or soot, keep wick centered and trimmed to ¼’’ at all times
- Do not burn more than 4 hours at a time
- You can keep your candle clean and free of debris by replacing the jar lid after use
- Discontinue burning when ¼’’ of wax remains
- We encourage re-use of our jars as a vase or for storage of bits & bobs; you can remove any remaining wax from your candle by freezing the jar and then popping or scraping out the frozen wax remains
How do I trouble shoot any issues with how my candle is burning?
- If you have an issue with your wax tunneling, please burn your candle 2-3 times and make sure each burn time is in increments of 3-4 hours; this will allow the wax to pool around the edges of the candle.
- If tunneling is still apparent, proceed to burn in 3-4 increments until candle self-corrects.
- If the tunneling continues to happen, please email us and we will work to remedy the situation.
- If you have having an issue with your wick or the candle will not stay lit, please wait until the wick is cool and then loosen the wick fibers by twisting the wick with your fingers and relight.
You mention there will be other interest products coming, what kind?
- We hope to have products for tennis, boaters, golfers & nature lovers at the start of 2021 or sooner
Do you sell outside the United States?
Currently, our website is set up to sell to US-based customers. If you are outside of the United States, please email email@example.com and we will see if we can arrange to sell and ship product to you.