frequently asked questions
How do you ship?
- Each candle is packaged in a USPS Priority mail shipping box that includes biodegradable peanuts made from potato & corn starch and bubble-wrap for protection of fragile candles. Best of all, it's not drowned in our branding, it's ready to gift for yourself or a friend right out of the box.
- Shipping is done USPS Priority Mail. It's important for my company to support the United States Post Office that is currently struggling from the economy and competitors.
- Our packing peanuts are non-static and won't make you crazy! They can be dissolved in water, flushed in your toilet, thrown into your compost pile or garden, or they will break down naturally in your local landfill.
- The sheets of bubble wrap around each candle is key to keeping the candles from breaking during transit. We use clean wrap (no tape or glue on the wrap) , so it's super easy for you to re-use for you own shipping or storage needs.
- Orders are processed daily whenever possible; if that time-frame changes it will be clearly notes in the Etsy shop and typically through an Instagram post as well.
What is your Return Policy?
- We truly get that it's super hard to buy scented candles online...so until there's "scratch and sniff" on computer screens, we will happily refund a candle if the scent disappoints you. We will refund the cost of one product only; and we do ask for as much information as you're willing to give us about why the scent failed you - so that we can do better in the future! Please note, we can only refund one candle per purchase within 30 days of the original purchase date.
- Please notify us within 14 days of purchase if you are unhappy with the scent
- Please ship the product back to us within 30 days; contact us via email for shipping instructions.
- We will fully refund products if they are broken during shipping. refunds include product purchase and shipping costs; please just send us a photo of the damaged product.
- We will replace products if they are tunneling during the burn and don't respond to tunneling trouble-shooting. In either scenario, please send us an email with an attached photo and we will replace tunneling products.
- If your candle wax "tunnels" when burned, please try troubleshooting the problem using the techniques described in our care section before requesting a return.
- Please also bear in mind the size of our candle. At 9 ounces it is the perfect size for kitchens, bathrooms and bedrooms. Our candles will fragrance larger areas, e.g. a Great Room after they have burned for 30+ minutes. Please do not burn candles for more than 4 consecutive hours.
Do you sell at Retail or do Pop-up Shops?
Currently, we sell through Etsy only; as soon as we are in retailers we will post names and locations!
We do schedule Pop-Up Shops within a 30 mile radius of Sunol, CA. Pop-Up Shops offer many benefits:
- product discounts not offered on this website or at retail
- curated, quality non-candle products from around the world that are not offered on this website - e.g. fun themed soaps and other home decor items
- beverages, snacks and a safe social distancing
- email if you are interested a Pop-Up Shop
How do I care for my candle?
- The first time you burn your candle, please burn it for roughly three hours for a full melt to all edges; this helps the candle to always burn evenly and prevents tunneling (if you do get tunneling, please see the trouble-shooting section)
- Always trim your wick between burns
- Please always burn your candle within sight and keep out of reach from children and pets
- Make sure all packaging has been removed and never light or burn near anything flamable
- Ensure your candle is on a temperature safe surface; never burn near drafts or vents
- Do not burn for more than 4 hours at a time
- To avoid overheating or soot, keep wick centered and trimmed to ¼’’ at all times
- Do not burn more than 4 hours at a time
- You can keep your candle clean and free of debris by replacing the jar lid after use
- Discontinue burning when ¼’’ of wax remains
- We encourage re-use of our jars as a vase or for storage of bits & bobs; you can remove any remaining wax from your candle by freezing the jar and then popping or scraping out the frozen wax remains
How do I trouble shoot any issues with how my candle is burning?
- If you have an issue with your wax tunneling, please burn your candle 2-3 times and make sure each burn time is in increments of 3-4 hours; this will allow the wax to pool around the edges of the candle.
- If the tunneling continues to happen, please email us and we will work to remedy the situation.
- If you have having an issue with your wick or the candle will not stay lit, please wait until the wick is cool and then loosen the wick fibers by twisting the wick with your fingers and relight.
Do you sell outside the United States?
- Due to major increases in costs in 2022 to ship internationally, my Etsy shop currently sells only to U.S. customers